A root canal treatment is necessary when the root canal becomes inflamed or infected. At USA Dental Care.PC, we can repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth by performing root canals in Fairless Hills, PA.
Many people will absolutely know when they need to have a root canal done. The pain can be extreme and you may not be able to focus on anything else. It is very important that you have a root canal procedure done because the infection can spread and be detrimental to the tooth.
When you have a root canal procedure done, we will walk you through the process. There are many steps involved:
- First will be a local anesthesia will be administered to numb the tooth that is going to be treated.
- A dental dam will be placed over the affected tooth and it's adjacent teeth. The tooth that is going to be treated will be punched through the dam so it is isolated.
- A very small hole will then be drilled through the tooth allowing access to the pulp chamber.
- We will then remove the diseased and dead pulp tissue so we can clean out the root canals and pulp chamber. Once this is done, your tooth will no longer feel pain.
- We will then disinfect the canals
- Your canals will be shaped and filled with fillings and sealers.
- The last step will be to provide a complete seal such as a crown.
At USA Dental Care.PC, we know that it can be scary if you don’t know exactly what will happen when you go to the dentist, especially if you are told you need a root canal. We promise that we will go through each and every step with you and remember your tooth will be under local anesthesia so you will not feel the procedure.We are here to eliminate any fears you have, call us today for more information on our root canal procedures!